Beaches and Pools
You can find the following beaches nearby in the summer season:
- A large public beach area in Brusimpiano (5 minutes by car), reachable also by bike
- 3 little public beaches in Porto Ceresio’s Promenade, reachable also by foot and by bike
- A little public beach in Brusino Arsizio (5 minutes by car), reachable also by Bike
- 1 little pool for kids in Porto Ceresio’s Promenade, opened during the summer
- A waterpark in Ponte Tresa (15 minutes by car)
- A public beach in Capolago (15 minutes by car)
- Paid access beach in Riva San Vitale, Caslano and Agno (20 minutes by car)
- Paid access pools on the lake in “Lido di Lugano”, “Lido di Bissone” (35 minutes by car)
- Large public Beaches in Luino and Maccagno on Lake Maggiore (30 minutes by car)
Mountains and Trekking
For lovers of trekking and bushwalking, there are endless itineraries starting in Porto Ceresio or in the nearby villages: Ca’ del Monte, Grumello, Sant’Elia, Monte Orsa, Monte Piambello, Poncione di Ganna or the Cadorna Line. Every season offers enjoyable but never strenuous walks, sweeping views over the lake, of the forests in seasonal colours, mushrooms and chestnut collection, and fresh and healthy.
Several important museums are to be found in the area: the Etnografik Museum of Porto Ceresio and the noticeably Fossil Museum of Besano, world famous for its rich collection of prehistoric fossils, and others collecting the art treasures of the valley. Soon to be opened is the Parco of Mount San Giorgio, listed for world heritage protection by UNESCO.
In The Area
- Visit Lake Lugano Area (Lugano, Morcote, Capolago-Riva S.Vitale, Brusino Arsizio, Brusimpiano, Lavena Ponte Tresa, Bissone, Porlezza)
- Visit Varese: Town center, Sacro Monte (Unesco World Heritage Site), cycle path on Lake Varese
- Visit lake Maggiore (Isola Madre, Isola Bella, Isola dei pescatori, Arona, Stresa, Pallanza, Angera, Santa Caterina del Sasso, Laveno, Luino)
- Visit Como and Lake Como (Cernobbio, Managgio, Bellagio, Argegno, Lecco)
- Visit Milan with its famous Cathedral, the suggestive “Navigli” area, the World Famous Leonardo da Vinci’s Cenacolo, the renaissance Sforza Castle and the high class “Quadrilatero della moda”.
- Visit Italian Switzerland (Lugano, Locarno, Bellinzona, Val Verzasca, Valle Maggia, Mendrisio, Monte Generoso)
- Visit Swissminiatur and the museum of chocolate (Alprose)